Friday, July 19, 2013

THREESOME

TODAY I wanted to remix the average post and do something special. I wanted a piece of clothing that pretty much everybody has in their wardrobe. A white cotton t-shirt. I wanted to point out that the size doesn't matter and because I wanted to prove that I used non other than a LARGE white cotton t-shirt from my dad!! I like to use my t-shirts big so that I can play with them. I created three looks from different styles and for different ocassions and I'll describe them along with the pictures. Hope you like this post!! 


-------------------------

HOY quería hacer algo diferente en el blog. Quería enfocarme en el uso de una pieza que pienso que todos tenemos en el closet. Una franela blanca. Y no solo eso, sino cualquier franela blanca, cuello y talla como sea!! Para probarles esto, decidí usar una camisa talla GRANDE que agarré de mi papá!. Personalmente me gusta usar franelas un poco mas grande y poder jugar con ellas. Creé tres looks para tres ocasiones y estilos diferentes y los describiré a lo largo del post. Espero sus comentarios y que les guste este post tanto como a mi!!



FIRST LOOK: I wanted to created a grungy yet chic outfit matching two things. Boyish pieces with jewelry! {Thanks to my bro for the plaid shirt}. The necklace gives the plain white t-shirt an edge and I like how it looks with the ripped shorts and the plaid shirt. Instead of the high wedge sneakers, I would use combat boots or booties. This outfit can be used for morning errands, a quick lunch or a concert!

------------------------

PRIMER LOOK: Este look proyecta un estilo callejero aunque colocados de forma elegante. Piezas con aires juveniles y de niños como la camisa de cuadros, la franela blanca en si o los zapatos de goma se ven femeninos si le agregamos collares, brazaletes o anillos por ejemplo. En vez de utilizar los sneakers de tacón alto pueden optar por botines o botas estilo militar. Este outfit lo veo usándolo para cosas sencillas como diligencias o un almuerzo rápido o eventos como conciertos!!





 SECOND LOOK: This outfit is pretty loaded. I wanted to show that one can start with a simple t-shirt as a base and layers have no boundaries I wanted to do a really feminine look with an overall that is why I paired it with a colorful blazer, a statement necklace and espadrilles. Instead of the overall, one can pair the t-shirt with a sleeveless colorful or floral cotton dress and a jean jacket/vest. I would definitely use this outfit for a lunch date with the girls or a museum.

-------------------------

SEGUNDO LOOK: Este outfit es el más elaborado de los tres. Quería que la franela blanca fuera la base y que siguieran capas de prendas como la braga, el collar y el blazer color verde. Cuando se trata de capas no hay reglas como en el color blocking solo que se vea la armonía del outfit a través de los ojos. Sustitutos para las capas que utilicé podrían ser un vestido colorido o floral manga sisa, una chaqueta o chaleco de jean encima y un collar grande que resalte ya sea corto o largo. Este outfit lo usaría para un almuerzo con mis amigas o una ida al museo.





THIRD LOOK: Last but not least the evening part. A skirt never goes wrong with a white t-shirt. Sequins, cotton, you name it. Every pattern and every color works too. It's simple just add a clutch and heels. I added an extra something like my jean vest. But I would pair the skirt/t-shirt romance with a leather jacket or a blazer!! This is perfect for a dinner date or a party.


----------------------------

TERCER LOOK: El último pero no menos importante. Una falda va perfecto con la franela blanca. Sea de la tela, diseño, largo o color que sea. Solo agregas un sobre/ bolso de mano y tacones!. Yo quise agregar un elemento extra como mi chaleco de jean pero tambien lo usaría con una chaqueta de cuero o un blazer. Este outfit me encanta para una cena o una fiesta!





The Moral of this post is that you can go through the day with a white cotton t-shirt and mix it up with whatever you have in your {or your family's} closet!! 
(Kinda gross but let's face it, you know it works)

For more info on the clothes leave your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!